Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finding Lucas

For those of you who don't know him, Lucus Van Engen is a wild and crazy man driving a tractor across the United States. I had the pleasure of meeting Lucus when he and my roommate were filming a movie in my apartment that resulted in a total mess. After hating Lucas for his part in wrecking my home, I began to consider his other redeeming qualities--afterall, I love me an adventurer-- and decided to find him on his quest to conquer America via Craftsman Tractor. This is an ad campaign that you can learn more about here. And you should watch this video--make sure you have a tissue while watching, you'll tear up.

I knew from Eric that Lucas and I were on a similar route, the major difference being our pace; I was going significantly faster in my car. Hell, I figured I could catch him. But no, the man has already been at it for 2 months. As I was arriving in Albuquerque, Lucas and his team were already 200 miles east in Tucumcari, NM. Alas, it did not work to meet up. But on days when I felt like I had been driving forever, I reminded myself that it could be a lot worse. I could be on a lawnmower going 7 miles per hour.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Thanks dear! I hope you're having fun on your island!

    ReplyDelete