Friday, January 14, 2011

Ma, I gots kittens!

The stray cat that lives in my garden had kittens a few weeks back, and what can I say, I've fallen pretty hard. Despite my unconditional love, it's a pretty difficult relationship, primarily because they are the most manipulative creatures I have ever met. They won't come round for days, and then suddenly they are standing in my window, mewing for my love and attention.

They're so flipping cute, what am I supposed to do? I go out there with some milk and a cuddle, and they just run away. I give them food which they gladly accept, and then nothing. Not even a purr. Bad manners! I'm also trying to teach them the ways of healthy eating, but they only accept heavy whipping cream, cheese, and fish skins. Hopefully they'll grow out of this stage; for the time being I'm trying not to judge.

1 comment:

  1. Please don't adopt any. I'm allergic to cats and I know they're cute and irresistible, but I really want to come visit you and am not all that interested in adding a Reunion Hospital to my list of tourist destinations. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete